Hunter is now staring at me, staring at me staring at my own hair, which now only seems distantly my own.– Aislinn Archer, ‘Once Upon a Dream’
“Yeah… Yeah — I’m fine. Just a weird dream, I guess…”
He looks less than convinced and reaches toward me to smooth my hair out of my face.
My eyes go big. The memory is so vivid. Or the dream… I’m lost in some kind of limbo between waking and sleeping, dreaming and knowing.
Greetings, everyone! I’m so glad you came to visit! It’s been a busy couple of weeks as I get ready for the release of “Once Upon a Dream” on May 13. Yes, that’s Friday the 13th! But the ladies of Mystic Beach have never been superstitious about that particular calendar confluence. In fact, there are 13 full moons in a year, so it’s actually good luck in this context.
I’m going to be putting out some teasers from “Once” once (ha!) or twice a week between now and when you can read the entire first book of the Mystic Beach fantasy/rockstar romances. You’ll get a tiny taste of what’s to come in Brighid and Hunter’s story. (And don’t be confused — you’ll find references to Ellie in some of the promotional and prequel materials. Our visionary has good reason to want to change her name during the course of events in “Once,” but once she does, Brighid it is.)
Status updates for the series:
- “Good Golly Miss Molly,” the prequel novella for the series is out and available for free with a newsletter subscription. (This one was a lot of fun, and it will give you a very good idea what the series will be like.) It’s already got a 5-star review on Goodreads!
- “Here Comes the Sun,” a pre-prequel short story is also out and available for free to newsletter subscribers. This is a sweet pre-romance that tells the story of how Brighid and Hunter met at age 6. They’ll talk about it in “Once,” but if you want the full story, this is where to find it!
- “Once“ is in the final stages of editing ahead of the May release. You can pre-order it on Amazon now, and it’ll show up on your Kindle device on May 13, or if you’re a Kindle Unlimited subscriber, you’ll be able to read it for free starting on May 13. I have a release party planned on May 14, at 10 a.m. Eastern time, on the Rockstar Romance Book Lovers group on Facebook. I’ll be talking about the book, the series (spoiler-free!) and the larger world of Mystic Beach, and there will be some goodies I’ll be giving away! So, mark your calendars!
- “Dream Weaver,” the second part of the Brighid & Hunter duo that kicks off the larger series, has been completed and is also in the editing process. It will be released in mid-July, so you won’t have to wait very long to complete Brighid & Hunter’s story. It (and all of the novels in the series) will also be available for Kindle Unlimited subscribers, and a pre-order will go up around the time “Once” is released.
- “Smoke on the Water,” David’s book, is about two-thirds complete. This one will delve more deeply into the Mystic Beach backstory that plays a part in the romance series (and is also the focus of the forthcoming Mystic Beach “mysteries” series). I have a personal weakness for those quirky unsung heroes of a band, the bass players, so David was first on my list when writing these additional novels.
- “Down to the Sea” was conceived as a novella, but the story is more complicated than even I realized, so it will instead be a short novel (about two-thirds done now). This is the only book in the series that is not essentially a standalone, and it is the only one I will caution readers that they may want to opt not to read. This is an alternative point-of-view story that will reveal some of the secrets that not all of the characters in “Once” and “Dream Weaver” will have been aware of, and it’s very high on the steamy scale, even though it’s plot-driven.
If you see me refer to my “problem child,” this is the book he insisted I had to write — right before he demanded his own full-length novel, which he’ll get, because he’s that charismatic (even though he keeps throwing me curveballs). But the full-length novel will be a ways down the road. I’m aiming to release “Down to the Sea” in late summer or early fall, and it will also be on Kindle Unlimited.
- Everything else: I have at least a few scenes written for every single book in the main aMUSEd story arc, and some more beyond that. I’m also working on “Safe Harbour,” the first book in the paranormal/contemporary fantasy series, Mystic Beach Mysteries. All of these are planned for release in the next year or two, so you’ll have a constant stream of new Mystic Beach stories to read and new characters to meet. I think you’re going to love them all. I know I do. (Yes, even Declan.)
That’s it for today! I’ll be keeping everyone updated on the big developments via the newsletter, The Mystic Beacon, so if you haven’t signed up already, now’s the time! (There’s some fun extras and sneak peeks in there, so don’t miss out!) I’m so excited for everyone to meet my friends in Mystic Beach. We’re eagerly awaiting your arrival for an exciting summer vacation!